Wednesday 30 May 2012

Visual Storytelling Learning Outcomes- AO9

9. Exhibit strong communication skills


This module has been very helpful for me to develop my storytelling abilities. I feel I have learned a lot about composition and how to place elements and characters within a frame. I had never constructed a storyboard before either so found it a valuable experience and learning curve. 


I think my first teaser is my most successful image. The composition, whilst simple and slightly clichéd, is powerful and striking, especially with the high contrast in the image. If I were to redo any of my pieces, I think it would be my poster. I like the components and composition within the image, but feel the execution could be improved. I would also like to further develop my keyscenes into highly polished pieces suitable for a pitch. 


Technically, I have still to impove my anatomy and perspective. I feel I have improved through-out the course, but recognise that there is much to be improved upon. I have also been focusing on my mark-making techniques and have become more aware of what brushes I am using and what affect they have on my painting.


Overall, I am happy with my outcomes of this module and believe I have gained lots of valuable feedback and improved my story-telling abilities as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment